TOUR WITH GUARANTEED DEPARTURE
Itinerary: Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn,
Helsinki, St. Petersburg
Period: May-September 2013,
Length: 13 days/12 nights
Tour languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese
Package prices per
EUR 1295.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 600.00 (single supplement)
Supplement for GRE05-GRE10
EUR 100.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 100.00 (single supplement)
DAY 1 (SUNDAY): ARRIVAL VILNIUS
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (MONDAY): VILNIUS
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
DAY 13 (FRIDAY): ST. PETERSBURG DEPARTURE
DAY 3 (TUESDAY): VILNIUS-RIGA
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar.
DAY 4 (WEDNESDAY): RIGA
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The optional tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
DAY 5 (THURSDAY): RIGA
Riga, founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
DAY 6 (FRIDAY): RIGA-TALLINN
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Pärnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 7 (SATURDAY): TALLINN
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the medieval Old Town Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park the award-winning
new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art.. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
DAY 8 (SUNDAY): TALLINN-HELSINKI
In the morning we take the hydrofoil from Tallinn to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki, transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Royal***** or similar, check-in. The balance of the day is reserved for exploring the Finnish capital individually.
DAY 9 (MONDAY): HELSINKI
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
DAY 10 (TUESDAY): HELSINKI-ST. PETERSBURG
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a visit to Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
DAY 11 (WEDNESDAY): ST. PETERSBURG
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendors of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian “champagne” and snacks.
DAY 12 (THURSDAY): ST. PETERSBURG
The morning is reserved for an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the afternoon, an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Na Zdoroviye.
Optional transfer to the airport.
• 12 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
• 12 x buffet breakfast
• Welcome meeting with champagne cocktail or juice
• Personalised welcome package
• Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, St. Peter’s Church in Riga, medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn, Church-in-the Rock in Helsinki, Vyborg Castle and Peter-and-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg
• Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
• Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on all tours
• Service of French speaking tour escort on tour GRE11, GRE13 and GRE17
• Service of Portuguese speaking tour escort on tour GRE09, GRE12 and GRE15
• Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
• Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
• Porterage at hotels
• Service and VAT
• Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• 3-hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: EUR 40.00 pp
• Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: EUR 40.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Gauja National Park: EUR 50.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: EUR 40.00 pp
• Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 45.00 pp
• Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: EUR 45.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
• Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion to the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: EUR 70.00 pp
• Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: EUR 50.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: EUR 67.00 pp
• 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
• Russian dinner at Restaurant Na Zdrorovie: EUR 60.00 pp
• Transfer Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky to airport: EUR 60.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 80.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• Half board at hotels (12 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 335.00 pp
20% upon reservation
80% 40 days before departure
40-21 days 50% refund
20-15 days 20% refund
less than 15 days no refund