TOUR WITH GUARANTEED DEPARTURES
Itinerary: Vilnius, Klaipeda, Riga, Tallinn
Period: June/September 2013
Length: 8 days/7nights
Tour languages: English, German, Italian and Spanish
Package prices per person:
EUR 595.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 250.00 (single supplement)
DAY 1 (SUNDAY): ARRIVAL VILNIUS
DAY 2 (MONDAY): VILNIUS-KLAIPEDA
Arrival in Vilnius, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
Vilnius is known for its more than 1.200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anna's Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. After the tour we continue to Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania and we visit the well preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. The balance of the day is spent en route to Klaipeda, where we arrive late afternoon. Check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Klaipeda**** or similar.
DAY 3 (TUESDAY): KLAIPEDA
The day is reserved for a full-day optional tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Our first stop is the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida, where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann's summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town before we drive back to Klaipeda. The evening offers an optional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century.
DAY 4 (WEDNESDAY): KLAIPEDA-RIGA
Klaipeda fi rst became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel. A short sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now continue to the Samogitia National Park, where we embark on a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai. After that we continue to Siauliai and Cross Hills, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon, check-in at Hotel Radisson Blu Latvija**** or similar. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
DAY 5 (THURSDAY): RIGA
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort,famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant La Boheme.
DAY 6 (FRIDAY): RIGA-TALLINN
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Pärnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia**** or similar.
DAY 7 (SATURDAY): TALLINN
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquility and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants.The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an optional excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and a visit to KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack.
DAY 8 (SUNDAY): TALLINN DEPARTURE
Optional transfer to the airport.
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, St peter`s Chrurch and Tower in Riga and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on tour GCL08, GCL10, GCL12, GCL14, GCL16 and GCL18
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Porterage at hotels
- Service and VAT
- Transfer airport to Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- 8-hour excursion to the Curonian Spit: EUR 80.00 pp
- Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century: EUR 35,00 pp
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: EUR 35.00 pp
- 4-hour excursion to Jurmala: EUR 45.00 pp
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant La Boheme: EUR 45.00 pp
- 3-hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and Visit to KUMU: EUR 40.00 pp
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Peppersack: EUR 40.00 pp
- Transfer Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia to airport: EUR 35.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 55.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
- Half board at hotels (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 175.00 p
* 20% upon reservation
* 80% 40 days before departure
* 40-21 days 50% refund
* 20-15 days 20% refund
* less than 15 days no refund