TOUR WITH GUARANTEED DEPARTURES
Itinerary: Helsinki - St.Petersburg - Moscow
Period : June/September 2013
Length: 9 days/8 nights
Tour Languages: English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Package prices per person:
EUR 995.00 (double occupancy)
EUR 450.00 (single supplement)
Supplement for GCR06-GCR11
EUR 100.00 (single supplement)
EUR 100.00 (double occupancy)
DAY 1 (SUNDAY): ARRIVAL HELSINKI
Arrival in Helsinki, optional transfer to Hotel Radisson Blu Royal**** or similar, check-in, welcome meeting.
DAY 2 (MONDAY): HELSINKI
Helsinki is located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbors and Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Churchin the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum, an oasis in the midst of the city with cottages, farmsteads and manors from all around Finland.
DAY 3 (TUESDAY): HELSINKI-ST. PETERSBURG
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a visit to Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon we arrive in St. Petersburg and check-in at Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky**** or similar.
DAY 4 (WEDNESDAY): ST. PETERSBURG
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title “The Venice of the North”. During the morning sightseeing tour we get acquainted with all the splendors of the city: the Peter- Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the world-famous Hermitage Art Museum. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian “Champagne” and snacks.
DAY 5 (THURSDAY): ST. PETERSBURG
The morning is reserved for an optional excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Na Zdoroviye.
DAY 6 (FRIDAY): ST. PETERSBURG-MOSCOW
The early morning is reserved for an optional guided shopping tour to fashion and souvenir boutiques on the Nevsky Prospect. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon we arrive to Moscow and check in at Hotel Novotel Moscow Centre**** or similar.
DAY 7 (SATURDAY): MOSCOW
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes all the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with Kremlin, the Theater Square with Bolshoi Theater, Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and a visit to the famous Moscow Metro. In the afternoon is offered an optional excursion to the Kremlin grounds with a visit to the cathedrals. The evening offers an optional excursion with a cruise on the Moscow River.
DAY 8 (SUNDAY): MOSCOW
The morning offers an optional excursion to Novodevichy Convent, a 16th century cluster of sparkling domes, one of the city’s most beautiful groups of buildings and full of history and treasures. The adjacent Novodevichy Cemetery is Moscow‘s most prestigious resting place after the Kremlin. The balance of the day is reserved for exploring more of Moscow individually. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
DAY 9 (MONDAY): MOSCOW DEPARTURE
Optional transfer to the airport.
• 8 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
• 8 x buffet breakfast
• Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
• Personalised welcome package
• Entrances to Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki, Vyborg Castle, Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Metro
• Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
• Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on all tours
• Service of local French speaking guides on tour GCR12, GCR14 and GCR18
• Service of Portuguese speaking guides on tour GCR10, GCR13 and GCR16
• Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
• Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
• Porterage at hotels and railway stations
• Service and VAT
• Transfer airport to Hotel Hotel Radisson Blu Royal: EUR 80.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 100.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• 3-hour excursion to the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace: EUR 70.00 pp
• Visit to folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: EUR 50.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine’s Palace: EUR 70.00 pp
• 3-hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum: EUR 45.00 pp
• Russian dinner at Restaurant Na Zdrorovie: EUR 60.00 pp
• 3-hour guided shopping tour: EUR 35.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion to Kremlin and visit to the cathedrals: EUR 50.00 pp
• 4-hour excursion to Novodevichy Convent: EUR 55.00 pp
• 3-hour excursion and cruise on the Moscow River: EUR 45.00 pp
• Visit to Old Russian Circus: EUR 70.00 pp
• Transfer Hotel Novotel Moscow Centre to airport: EUR 80.00 for private car (1-3 persons), EUR 100.00 for private minivan (4-7 persons)
• Half board at hotels (8 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): EUR 250.00 pp
20% upon reservation
80% 40 days before departure
40-21 days 50% refund
20-15 days 20% refund
less than 15 days no refund